Art Wanted Slideshow

Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Transcendence: Art by Randall Ensley

 

This is an idea I'd had for over a decade sketching different variations of it until I stumbled across an old educational toy comprised of Moire Array patterns. I finally felt that that was the missing piece, to comprise the rays emanating from the central figure of moire type patterns, very symmetrical, to achieve a hopefully somewhat psychedelic effect. 


I've also been influenced here by Indigenous Australian Art that I've seen.  Some of the artwork vibrates and stimulates the eyeball.  There is movement on the canvas created by the strobing effect, the indigenous art uses mostly dots and points and I chose to use alternating rays.

Contact me at randallensley@hotmail.com for art and print information.  The original artwork is currently for sale and will be shown at The Art Studio, Inc. in Beaumont, Texas during a solo show in November 2024. 


Transcendence 
Pen and Ink on Paper 11" x 17"
Copyright Randall Ensley 2022


No comments: