Art Wanted Slideshow

Saturday, January 5, 2013

New York Comic Con 2012 (part one)

Inside 10:00 a.m.        

I had a great time at the New York Comic Con in 2012.  I was lucky enough to get a Professional pass for $10 so I was on my way.  I took the train from New Haven and got into Grand Central Station around 9:15 a.m.  Got a quick bite downstairs in the bistro vendor area and hopped a cab to the Jacob Javitt's Center. 

The line was long, but I always find the entry pretty easy despite the throngs, literally thousands, of people.  One eighth of that population is a cosplayer it seems.  I insist to people who go to these big conventions to get there as soon as it opens because the crowd builds through the day rapidly becoming almost unbearable by mid-afternoon.  If you get there early, you will probably get to see much of the floor area at least once.  I only go for one day, usually on the Saturday of the three-day show.
Aliens video game area.  Great sculpture that you are allowed to enter and play in the cockpit.  

Lots of cosplayers everywhere.  Very dedicated fandom on display.  The place is mammoth and is filled wall to wall with booths, vendors, t-shirts, toys, statues, outfits, comics, etc.  Its amazing

No comments: