Art Wanted Slideshow

Monday, February 15, 2010

Doc Hammer: Encounter at the Hygienic

Image Copyright Cartoon Network I hope you all got a chance to go to the Hygienic Art Show XXXI over the past couple of weeks and if you did you got to see an oil painting by Adult Swim's Venture Bros. co-creator, Doc Hammer. In addition to being a musician and media producer, Doc Hammer is a fine artist whose recent works include a series of oil paintings showing females languidly posed in quasi-religious settings. One of those pieces was on display at the Hygienic. When I was taking down my art on Sunday, Valentine's Day, I looked over and was surprised to see Doc Hammer taking his art down as well. I was a little starstruck, but did go over and introduce myself and had a very pleasant conversation. What a nice guy and I wish him continued success in all his endeavors!

No comments: