Art Wanted Slideshow

Saturday, January 23, 2010

'Space diver' to attempt first supersonic freefall - space - 22 January 2010 - New Scientist


'Space diver' to attempt first supersonic freefall - space - 22 January 2010 - New Scientist

I've been wondering why the spike on my blog for people searching for "world record skydive height" and "colonel joe kittinger". As it turns out someone is about to try and break Colonel Joe's record sometime next year. The whole Kittinger/Pre-Astronauts/Man-High program has been fascinating to me since I first heard of it a few years ago and also would like to find contact information for Colonel Joe Kittinger. If anyone knows how I might reach him, I'd be obliged if you let me know. I've posted a few times before about this miracle feat from 1960. Kittinger was so high above the earth that he could see the curvature of the planet...then, he jumped...

Thanks!

No comments: