Art Wanted Slideshow

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Basil Gogos Wolfman


Copyright Universal Pictures and Basil Gogos

I believe I have posted previously regarding my ardor for the art of Basil Gogos. He is most widely known for his cover art on numerous "Famous Monsters of Filmland" magazines from the 1960's and 70's (an impressionable time for me.) Basil is still productive and look at this lovely piece for the new Universal Pictures movie, The Wolfman. Awesome!

I had the chance to meet Basil Gogos at last year's New York Comic Con and it was a pleasure. I knew that Basil would be there based on the online program prior to my attendance, so I brought an old copy of Famous Monsters with me. It was especially great because the cover I had him sign was Star Wars related, featuring a Gogos Tusken Raider! My best memories from the two NYCCs I have attended all center around meeting and speaking with artists who inspired me over the years, especially from my youth.

I found out about the new Wolfman art courtesy of io9.

No comments: