Art Wanted Slideshow

Friday, February 27, 2009

Watchmen


Yes, Yes, I am very excited about the release of the Watchmen movie. I purchased the graphic novel collection way back in the late 1980's in Denton, TX (the home of happiness.) I was an immediate fan and proceeded to tell anyone who I thought would be interested how great it was. And now, the supposedly unfilmable movie is just a week away.
Seriously, if you haven't read the book, it is great. The artwork of Dave Gibbons really impressed me (and still does.) Don't just see the movie, read the graphic novel. Just like Moby Dick, The Great Gatsby, etc., there is just so much you can cram into two and a half hours. And a lot of nuance will be missing, but the movie should be viewed as a stand-alone effort. The trailers look terrific and seem to capture the mood and characters. Let's Go!

2 comments:

Lars Edwards said...

Can't decide how I feel about the movie--I'm sure I'll see it eventually--but the graphic novel is great!

Lisa Wooten said...

Loved reading tthis thank you