Art Wanted Slideshow

Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Art of James Steranko




All images copyright James Steranko/respective copyright holders

I saw James Steranko at the NY Comic Con but I didn't get to ask him for an autograph. He was super popular and always engaged in discussion with his fans. His work, now that I revisit it on the web, was probably much more influential to me than I have previously realized. A great, clean, ahead of its time sense of graphic design in sequential art...I am completely loving my current Steranko research.
I am involved in a project currently and what better role model could I emulate, than to try and channel James Steranko for the next three months. I recently sold all my comic books or I'd be tearing through them to find some of his art.

Link:
James Steranko Art

No comments: