Art Wanted Slideshow

Saturday, May 31, 2008

1970's Model Kits




I loved building sci-fi and comic book models in the 70's and these were two of my favorites. Planet of the Apes was what really got me into drawing and I was constantly doodling General Ursus and Dr. Zaius. I am selling a lot of my old stuff to make room for, well, new old stuff and these two unopened kits are available on Ebay. My first real venture into the online auctioning world.
My favorite model was King Kong with the glow in the dark face and also a "working" or semi animated with rubber bands Pirates of the Caribbean model with a skeleton pirate steering his haunted vessel. The sword hand really made a chopping motion. But my all time favorite kit was the Creature from the Black Lagoon. Hope that turns up in my trek through old-time junk collection.

No comments: