Art Wanted Slideshow

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Tim Powers








I had the pleasure to meet author Tim Powers at the Writers and Illustrators of the Future awards ceremony and workshop week this summer. Tim is one of the author judges and runs the week long author's workshop for the winners of the L Ron Hubbard Writers of the Future contest. Hanging out with Tim was one of the highlights of the experience for me and I have to recommend his books to all of my blog readers. Once you've read one you are hooked and have to digest anything Powers you can find.
His subject matter is speculative fiction...it is science fiction on steroids. Tim is a past winner of the Philip K. Dick Award and the novel "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?", the basis for the movie Blade Runner, is dedicated to Tim and his charming wife Serena.
I found Tim to be a wealth of knowledge and a very interesting individual.
Suggested Reading:
"Three Days to Never"
"Declare"
"The Anubis Gates"

2 comments:

Mick said...

Powers has been my favourite author for many years now, and I never get sick of rereading his work. And he seems to be a true gentleman too.

Randall Ensley said...

Tim is the man. Check out Philip K Dick too!
Randall