Art Wanted Slideshow

Saturday, February 16, 2008

First In Space


I highly recommend the graphic novel "First in Space" to all readers of my blog. The book came out last year and is the story of Ham, the chimpanzee who blazed the trail for our first astronauts.
First in Space is written and illustrated by Xeric Prize winner James Vining.
For those who know my background and interests you can tell that this book was right up my alley. I was infused with a love of the early space program and its participants probably through my father who worked on the early Atlas missile program. I was born in Melbourne, FL when my dad was working at Cape Canaveral and his interests must have had a big impact on me. Look at my fixation with science fiction art and pieces involving astronauts.
This book, First in Space, captures the spirit of the early space program and will be enjoyed by readers of all ages.

No comments: